- 1 What do I need to play the game?
- 2 What are the hardware specs?
- 3 Do I need Steam to play? Is the game DRM free?
- 4 How often do you release new Alphas?
- 5 What are the controls? How do I steer the bird?
- 6 Can I map my own keys?
- 7 The game is too short! Will it be longer?
- 8 What about the other chapters? When will you add them?
- 9 What other kind of environments will you add?
- 10 What other kind of animals will you add?
- 11 What's the end of the game? Why can't I free the animals in the cages?
What do I need to play the game?[edit | edit source]
A computer and preferably gamepad. Xbox 360, PS3 and Logitech Rumblepad 2 controllers are supported. Other controllers might work, but we recommend the above. Of course you can also play with mouse and keyboard. If you don’t have a mouse you can even play with the keyboard only, but the flying experience will really suffer. Use a gamepad!
What are the hardware specs?[edit | edit source]
- OS: Windows XP, 7, 8, OSX 10.6+, Ubuntu 12.04
- Processor: 2 GHz
- Memory: 1024 MB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000
- Hard Drive: 200 MB available space
Do I need Steam to play? Is the game DRM free?[edit | edit source]
Nope. You can get the game completely DRM free from our website.
How often do you release new Alphas?[edit | edit source]
We try to release a new Alpha build every week. Sometimes we might skip a week or be a day late, but in general we have a weekly schedule for the time being.
What are the controls? How do I steer the bird?[edit | edit source]
Hit Escape in the game to open the menu. Go over to ‘Controls’ to find out how the buttons are mapped. Also here’s a list of the controls.
Can I map my own keys?[edit | edit source]
Here's an explanation on how to change the keyboard mapping.
The game is too short! Will it be longer?[edit | edit source]
Secrets of Rætikon was always imagined as a three act piece. The story spans over three chapters.What you can currently play in the alpha is chapter 1. This chapter will stay the size it is right now, except for some smaller additions like the cave of rætic gods or the credits level.
- We will add more content to the levels we have right now, so they will be deeper, feature more emergent gameplay and have a more streamlined difficulty curve.
- We will add density instead of breadth and polish instead of trash!
What about the other chapters? When will you add them?[edit | edit source]
If we are able to develop the second and third chapter depends on various factors, one of them being how successful the first chapter is. Our primary goal is to finish the first chapter and make it the best possible experience we can. Everything else will be decided after that.
What other kind of environments will you add?[edit | edit source]
The three chapters are represented by three climate zones of the alps. Chapter 1 is called ‘Forst’, the bottom of the mountain, where there are lots of forests and meadows, rich in wildlife and food. The second chapter is ‘Karst’. It is above the timber line, where nature gets more harsh and wildlife is more hostile. The environment is dominated by rocks, cliffs and waterfalls. The third and final chapter is ‘Frost’, which is the very top of the mountain. where blizzards rage over jagged glaciers.
What other kind of animals will you add?[edit | edit source]
The list of animals we want to add is long. Too long, in fact. We will only be able to add a well-chosen selection, since the time spent adding new content is limited by the money we make with the alpha.
What's the end of the game? Why can't I free the animals in the cages?[edit | edit source]
We are keeping this part secret until we have finished developing the first chapter. We know that it’s currently a bit anti-climactic, but we promise there is a point to the animals, cages and the machine. You’ll just have to be patient to find out the final secret of the Rætikon.