Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
Broken Rules is an independent game studio based in Vienna, Austria. The studio was founded by Felix Bohatsch, Jan Hackl and Peter Houska in 2009. The founding team grew when Clemens Scott and Martin Pichlmair joined a year later. Together, they've released three games so far: Chasing Aurora, And Yet It Moves and Globetrotters.
The focus of their games is originality, simplicity, refined game mechanics and rich interactivity. Games are cultural achievements. Broken Rules seek to make their games new and meaningful experiences.
With Josef Wiesner, they organized a gathering called zamSpielen, where they invited the public to play a fine selection of games with them and show that video games offer a wider range of interesting experiences beyond the usual expectations.
Team[edit | edit source]
- Felix Bohatsch - Felix is mostly responsible for game design and management. He's the only team member who has a master title in Game Design. Felix keeps the vision of the company and embodies our Indie spirit best. He is the CEO and a level 80 game design wizard.
- Jan Hackl - Jan is the Audio Director at Broken Rules and was the art director of "And Yet It Moves". Jan is a great systems designer and has the most surprising ideas when it comes to game design. Jack-of-all-trades is an understatement when it comes to Jan.
- Peter Houska - Peter, usually referred to as Husky, is the supporting tech engineer. He ported "Chasing Aurora" to the Wii U and is an all-around top-notch whizz kid when it gets down and dirty with the Ginkgo engine.
- Clemens Scott - Clemens is creative director, art director and lead artist. He gets to wear all these titles mainly because he's the ONLY artist. He does everything from game-, level-, interface- and web-design to character animation, level decoration, effects, concept art, video editing and game logic scripting. Clemens has a history with street art and likes to sport a healthy punk attitude.
- Martin Pichlmair - Martin writes the storys, and handles business development and the marketing side of Broken Rules, as well as being the lead architect of the level editor, GinkEd. He is a twitter addict and doctor of computer sciences. He's the chief pragmatist though he has a past as a new media artist. 
- Peter Vorlaufer - Peter is the technical lead and CFO. Peter loves physics and raw playfulness - in games and in sports. Peter is a ++coder and the king of templates. He combines the skills of a builder and an architect of destruction in one person.